Are you a travel junkie? Do you have a long bucket list of places to visit and see before you make a departure from the world? Well, we are sure if that is the case then Goa is one destination that would be there on your list for sure. Even if you’ve witnessed the city in all its glory, it is simply not a place that you could say you are done visiting just once. It’s a place that stays on the bucket list forever!
1. Anjuna Beach: Are you a fan of night parties? Or do you love sitting with your beer and enjoying the pleasures of scenic beauty? This is the place to be if the answer is in affirmative to any of the previous questions. One of the most popular beaches in Goa, Anjuna Beach is always thronged by foreigners who share the same love for parties, Curlies, amazing sumptuous sea food, peaceful seashore and some great restaurants. While in Anjuna, do not forget to visit the flea market that has some amazing trinkets and gives you an insight to Goan culture. And brush up your bargaining skills if you do not want to burn a huge hole in your pocket!
2. Baga Beach: If there is any beach that gives the illusion of coming into existence straight out of a painting, it has to be this without any doubt. The scenic beauty of this beach with the wooden houses is charming and captivates you at once. It has some of the best amenities around which do justice to the immense popularity it enjoys. The shacks and restaurants are ready to extend their hospitality towards you by serving great food and booze. The water sports are a must here and do enjoy a dolphin cruise if you may. Wind surfing is another added asset that Baga Beach hosts. Ergo, it is a boon for all adventure seekers out there!
3. Candolim Beach: The first beach that comes your way when approaching from Panaji is the Candolim Beach. The beach is exceptionally beautiful and evades the swarms of tourists as compared to Baga. It is a little isolated and one can enjoy some quiet moments here. Another claim to fame of the Candolim village is that it was the first to get converted to Christianity in the 16th century. The beach is one of the longest around and also hosts the popular and crazy Sunburn festival every year. Too many reasons to visit already, isn’t it?
4. Mandrem Beach: This beach is probably one of the prettiest beaches of North Goa. Exploring Mandrem village is a must during a visit to the beach. The white sand makes for a pretty picture with beach shacks acting as dash of colours over it. You should also make time for some dolphin spotting and animal spotting, as there are opportunities galore. There are some exotic animals to be traced which include the white bellied fish eagle and olive ridley turtles. There are some exotic eateries serving traditional Goan food among other cuisines. This beach is also famous for its Goan feni and some expert stone carvers. This beach is also a popular hotspot for honeymoon couples who are on the look out of some private romantic moments. The beauty and tranquillity of the beach adds to the romantic spark.
5. Agonda Beach: One of the rare beaches that is clean, Agonda beach is counted as one of the most serene and beautiful beaches of Asia. If you are one belonging to the unconventional crowd visiting Goa, this might be your paradise as you could get to enjoy a quiet evening by the sea reading your favourite book. You can also indulge in sun bathing without being disturbed. There seems to be a strong Caribbean influence over the place. It is one of the more subdued beach experiences far from the maddening crowd.