Jodhpur- The Gateway to Thar, stands tall and shines every calendar day of the year! The blue city is really blue and glitters marvelously in the glistening sunlight. Dont just travel past the kingdom of Marwar since the mighty forts and palaces arent worth ignoring. Come here to mingle with the air of royalty.
Best time to visit: October till March
By Air: Jodhpur Airport is 5 kms from city centre. Daily flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Udaipur and Jaipur
By Train: Well connected by train. Trains to Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata are easily available. Palace on wheel also visits the city.
By Road: Jodhpur Highway is well connected by road with Agra, Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Delhi, Jaipur, Jaisalmer and Udaipur.
Drive to Jodhpur, check-in at hotel and later visit the Mehrangarh fort- an illustrious work of magnificence that takes you back in time, the intricate stone work leaves you spellbound and the panaromic view of the city that is the jewel of the Fort. Adventure lovers can try ziplining the Mehrangarh Fort just like a batman. Next in line is Jaswant Thada here that was built in honor of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II. Its peaceful, come here to relax and enjoy the sparkling city views.
Celebrations at Jodhpur:
1. Marwar Festival: Celebrated in full moon of Sharad Poornima, between September-October, for two days, this festival is held in memory of the heroes of Rajasthan.
2. Jodhpur International Desert Kite Festival: Popularly held on Makar Sankranti (14th January), best kite flyers from India and rest of the world take part. This festival is celebrated by great pomp and show.
3. Nagaur Fair: popularly known as cattle fair of Nagaur, Jodhpur Nagaur Fair is the second biggest fair in India. The fair goes on for eight days. Nagaur Fair of Jodhpur, Rajasthan is held every year during the month of Jan-Feb.
Shopping around: Sarees and dress materials, Shoes with pointed fronts(Jootis), Handicrafts, spices and tea.
1. Mount Abu- the hill station of Rajasthan.
2. Jaisalmer- to live the fantasy of Arabian Nights.
3. Udaipur- the City of Lakes
4. Ranthambore- Paradise for Wildlife Lovers