Jaipur- the Pink city and the mighty capital of Rajasthan- is one of the ten most beautiful cities of India. The mere mention of Jaipur transcends one to a world that is rich in culture and heritage. Jaipur today is a mega city that retains its medieval charm. Come here to experience the rich colors in the bustling markets, the world class hotels, sophisticated jewellery stores, huge standing forts and stunning palaces. Jaipur attracts everyone- be it art lovers, shopping freaks, film shoots, wildlife enthusiasts or the modern businessmen.
When to visit: October to March
Plan: After check in at your hotel and some rest, proceed to visit the city attractions i.e. City Palace, Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal. Next day you can plan Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Jal Mahal along with a visit to City Museum and Birla Temple.
Do Explore: Sheesh Mahal in Amber Fort to realise the grandeur in which the royalty lived; watch a movie at Rajmandir Cinema to experience the Midas touch that makes the theatre more like a royal palace.
Evenings- Shop around at MI road or Johari Bazaar; witness the glorious Light and sound show at Amber Fort; give your taste buds the original flavour of Rajasthan at Chaukhi Dhani/ Kanchan Kesari.
Celebrations- The most notable celebrations are Gangnaur Festival (March/ April) and the Teej (August).
1. You might like to experience one of the seven wonders of the world- the great Taj Mahal.
2. You can head to Ranthambore, Bharatpur or Sariska if you are a wildlife enthusiast
3. Make a day trip to Bhangarh- the most Haunted Site of India , where staying after 5 PM is not allowed. Enjoy the visit of Ruined forts and palace at Bhangarh and then proceed towards Abhaneri – famous for Chand Baori(one of the most finest geometrically designed step well of India) and Harshat Mata temple.
4. Explore Ajmer and Pushkar to visit the Dargah (tomb) of the Sufi Saint Khwaja Moin-ud-din Chisti and Brahma Temple, known to be only temple of its kind across the Universe. Note that Pushkar Fair is mostly during Oct-Nov months.
5. If you have more days in your vacation calendar, head to the deserts of Jaisalmer to experience the shimmering san dunes and brilliant turbans. The Arabian nights fantasy comes alive HERE!
You might be interested in Rajasthan Tour packages offered by us :
- Short Rajasthan Tours – 3 Nights 4 Days
- Rajasthan Odyssey – 4 Nights 5 Days
- Royal Rajasthan – 5 Nights 6 Days
- Exotic Rajasthan Tour- 7 Nights 8 Days
- Desert Safari Tours- 8 Nights 9 Days
- Colorful Rajasthan- 10 Nights 11 Days
- Rajasthan with Varanasi- 11 Nights 12 Days
- Historical Trails- 14 Nights 15 Days