Why to panic if you do not know anything about your destination? Check our tips.
As humans we panic often when we do not know what’s in store for us next. In our lives every moment is a secret, a surprise. We have no idea what is going to spring up just after this. That’s why it is very truly said we must not dwell on our past or be worried about the future; we must live this very moment to the fullest. We have no clue of where we will head yet we plan execute those plans in our lives. So is it with travel. The desire to travel is the first step and to decide the destination is the next!
Today’s epoch is a technologically driven where everything and anything is available at a touch away.
Sometimes we may not know about the destination we wish to travel to. No big deal! Here are a few tips you can use to find more about your destination.
1. Smart phone : boon in disguise: If you own a smart phone you carry the world in your fist. Today there is nothing that is not available on the internet. So in case you do not know about a place stop panicking and start googling. Right from the topographical nature of the place, to its latitude and longitude positions, to the most popular restaurants, to the even more famous festivals. Everything is available on your smart phone, all you have to do is have internet connections and search. A number of tourism websites are available too that give you very concrete and authentic information. Use your smart phones smartly to make the most of these.
2. Traditional means: Before the smart phone conquered most of our lives, there used to be a lot of paper based information available in the form of brochures, pamphlets, booklets etc. the tourism industry provided brochure which has all the information related to that particular place; important landmarks, important places to visit, top hotels, annual attractions etc. You actually get the view of the place in a nutshell on these brochures. They are usually available at the information kiosks or information booths in the airports or the railways stations. Local vendors also have these pamphlets. These will give you details about the place and you can also carry these back home as a mark of memory.
3. Paper maps: Paper maps are the ones that give you an idea about the address, important landmarks, and their routes etc. that are printed on paper. Maps give you ideas of how you can travel to reach your destination and how long will it take to be there. Maps have been ancient means and still continue to be very handy when it comes to exploring places.
4. Virtual maps: Google maps are available on the smart phones which give you detailed location of the place to the exact point. You can enter the place you wish to go to and get the routes. The navigation tool will give you directions and if you happen to drive, you can get the voice recorded instructions too.
5. Ask the locals: This is my personal favorite. Asking the locals and exploring the place is always fun. You get to know a lot more than you had intended to know. You get to know their culture, their food, their clothing. Asking people helps you open up and relinquish even better. The autowalas, the cycle rickshaw walas can help you a great deal. Asking locals will help you explore the markets and might also prove to be more economical. You’ll know about the best offers, sales available in that place. Remember the rule: you get only when you ask. So ask‼
6. Inquire from friends and family travelers: You can always ask your friends or family who have been to the place you wish to go to. Ask them about their itinerary, the places, the hotels and the restaurants they visited. Also ask them about the modes of transport available, when is it the best time to visit the place, anything and everything you want to know about that place. Your friends and family know your taste better.
There’s always help given to those who seek/ask. Never panic if you do not about your destination. There are always means which can be used to find more about the unknown.